View Single Post
Old 23rd November 2020, 17:09   #15
Alf Best
Avid contributor

MG-ZTT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stephen0 View Post
Oh I spoke too soon, the car was great after the new fuel pump and new fuel filter, the feel good factor lasted about 30 miles, than the engine lost power and refused to rev above around 2500RPM, even in neutral. I decided to take it for a blast on the motorway, that was a mistake, at times car struggled to reach 50mph.
So limped it back to garage, back seat out to check in tank pump, it seems to be pumping fuel across the fuel tank.
Back to square one.

If there is more than 1/4 of a tank of fuel, the car will run fine irrespective of the ITP operation.

I would take the advice of visiting Big Russ, I struggled with a few niggles on my own car, until I was introduced to John at MGR Auto services at Blaydon.

He was kind enough to show me what was happening in real time with his T4 diagnostic machine, and better still explain what was causing the problem on my car.

I had tried other scan tools myself, but these were nothing compared to the Rover main dealer kit.

It will save lots of time/money in misdiagnosis by the garage you are using at the moment I'm sure.

Alf
Alf Best is offline   Reply With Quote