View Single Post
Old 29th March 2020, 15:38   #11061
mirage110
Regular poster

mg zt diesel, mg ztt 190se

Default recommisioning mgzt diesel

Well now ive got a bit of time on my hands ive decided to get the old oil burner back on her majestys finest highways!

list of jobs done..
finally managed to open stuck bonnet, 2 hours of fiddling around under wheel arch, a job i never want to do again EVER!!

cleaned the interior as 75% was covered in mould from a leak in the boot, i havent opened the mg for 9 months and it really was in a terrible state, found the culprit leaking from the side trim some silicone sealant hopefully has done the trick?.

removed battery for a charge, and also the battery box as i suspect the under bonnet diesel pump to have failed as it was hit or miss if the mg would start or not sometimes it would sometimes it wouldnt, then one day wouldnt start at all, and refused all attempts there after?

list of jobs to do

sort out bonnet issue, did change the single cable before it got stuck, then within a week it got harder and harder to open, so it might need the other 2 cables, and or some fiddling?

change the under bonnet pump ordered and awaiting delivery.

prepare for mot, only done 2000 miles since the last one possible 2 rear tyres. i did notice she was smoking on acceleration when last used so some more investigation required??

and i think thats about it, enjoying the time i never get to mess around with my fleet..
mirage110 is offline   Reply With Quote