Thread: After Covid19
View Single Post
Old 24th May 2020, 15:06   #21
marinabrian

MG ZT

Thanked 10,837 Times in 5,718 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by planenut View Post
I will try to stay safe, but do not want to challenge the ability of the NHS. Any government will get criticized, but it would be sheer stupidity to put one's head above the parapet shouting that it's "all clear", when one has no defences. Stay safe, be wary, oh, can't say that as I'm not a Government Minister.
What makes you think you will challenge the ability of the NHS Fred? I must not be in a minority in thinking this whole affair has been blown out of proportion?

At what point does the "treatment" become much more destructive than the disease??

And if you believe the purported infection rates that were modelled by certain epidemiologists, then the entire world population has already been exposed to this virus several times over.

I'm sorry, but I simply do not believe the price we are currently being asked to pay is either proportional to the risk, nor conducive to the health of the general population as a whole, when you factor in other considerations than simply the control of covid-19.

And to what end I wonder, this is quite likely never to have an effective vaccine produced, and the current restrictions are based upon one being sought before life can return to some sort of normality.

There are far greater things in life to be worried about, and I for one do not accept the doom mongers predictions of total world devastation at the hand of this virus.

The sooner the nettle is grasped, and the population of the world wake up to the fact they are being had, the better we will be equipped to deal with living with covid, as I expect we will be doing for the foreseeable future.

In summing up, there is no "After Covid19", simply making the best fist of it, before it becomes the worst man made catastrophe of recent times.

Brian
marinabrian is offline   Reply With Quote