View Single Post
Old 25th May 2020, 07:41   #25
Gate Keeper
This is my second home

4X4

Thanked 7,017 Times in 4,160 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by planenut View Post
I certainly don't think we will be rid of it, but I do hope that they come up with a vaccine, and yes, there are many variations.

I volunteered for vaccine research but they finally decided I live beyond the boundary of their area.

I also realize that there are many other things that are a health threat, as we are witness to at Heathrow with the constant arrival of other dodgy illnesses, which there are many precautions in place to deal with.

I still think that one should be very wary of the transmission of this virus. Luckily for me I have not witnessed it directly, but am aware of areas where there have been several losses within a small group.

I am also convinced that the restriction and precautions are like a valve, and that there will be further resurgences, at a rate that those involved can cope with.
As you know Fred, I worked in the NHS for 30 plus years. For most of that time we never found a vaccine for HIV and the virus killed millions globally. With educational models teaching the public about the virus, having blood screened for transfusions and peeps practicing safe sex, those infected are living longer and lives have been saved through these measures, it’s not the death sentence it used to be. As a result people have had to learn to live with it.

Until a free and effective vaccine is found for Covid-19, its going to be the same for the world over, having to live with it.

I wonder what giving the all clear means?
Gate Keeper is offline   Reply With Quote