View Single Post
Old 12th January 2019, 17:04   #34
Andy_with_a_screwdriver
Gets stuck in

Rover 75 Tourer CDTi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andy_with_a_screwdriver View Post
Heard the same thing on Jeremy Vine Radio programme today.
Somebody helped Jeremy repair a kettle which had a loose wire, pushed a spade terminal back on and away they went.

As luck would have my washing machine packed up today blew a fuse and tripped the rcd. More investigation required to sort it. Maybe the heater element which hopefully won't be too bad to change.

I'll see how the parts costs compare to https://www.currys.co.uk/gbuk/househ...63881-pdt.html
Which I think answers the question why nothing is repaired.
Stripped down the washing machine this afternoon after work. before that I did some testing and t still works on rinses and spin although it won't switch off properly. I found that some part or component of the programmer has blown and left a burnt mark on the pcb, also part of a pcb track blown as well.

Just checked all the spare parts websites and this part is now obsolete, it is an early 1990 machine. When it was available it was £106, not sure I'd want to take the risk when it's only going to cost an extra £60 for a new machine. People aren't going to fix stuff if there aren't any spares available.
Andy_with_a_screwdriver is offline   Reply With Quote