View Single Post
Old 9th November 2021, 18:13   #1
Rick-sta
This is my second home

MG ZT 2.0 CDTI+ in Typhoon, MG TF 135 in Typhoon & Rover 75 Connoisseur CDTI SE in Pearl Black

Thanked 2,827 Times in 1,462 Posts
Default ILLUMINATED STEERING CONTROLS FOR ROVER 75/MG ZT 2ND BATCH! DEADLINE 30th NOVEMBER

NOW TAKING ORDERS!
ORDER DEADLINE TUESDAY 30 NOVEMBER.

Some of you may remember a couple of years ago neilbaker86 done an amazing job of making some LED backlit steering wheel control switches redesigned new switch PCBs to incorporate surface-mounted LEDs, far better than anything I would have been able to make myself. I then worked with him earlier this year to arrange having a batch of these made.

Neil is up for doing another batch of these for anyone who missed out in the last batch.

His LED steering wheel controls switches are properly made PCBs with LEDs which is how they would have come from the factory if it was a factory fitted option.

Currently LED colours amber (to match the factory dash lighting), blue and white have been trialed and tested and are successful. LED colours Green and Red may be available on request.

There are 2 kits available, audio kit for those without cruise control and audio + cruise kit for this with cruise control.

Neil has put many hours into writing up really clear fitting instructions for these accompanied with videos on youtube to guide you through the trickier parts.

His instructions are available to view here:
Audio-only
Audio & Cruise

Fitting is pretty straight forward, requires removal of the steering wheel air bag (held in with 2 torx screws), removing the old PCBs from the steering controls, fitting the new PCBs and fitting the wiring pins to the rotary coupler plug for the new PCBs and taking a sidelight feed from the sidelight wire on the light switch module. Fitting takes around 1 – 2 hours tops and only basic tools are required to fit them.

The audio-only option is a direct replacement illuminated switch PCB and associated wiring (5 wires with pre-crimped terminals), including a single wire with a pre-crimped terminal to fit into a spare pin of the clock-spring, the other end of which will need to be spliced into the illumination circuit in the vehicle (tap-splice included).

The cruise-control kit will be TWO replacement illuminated switch PCBs) and associated wiring (11 wires with terminals pre-crimped), a small 'interconnect' PCB to be housed inside the steering wheel (which basically is there to act as a junction box to ease & neaten installation, and split the illumination supply and ground connections in to two for both sets of switches).

PRICES:
Audio-only: £58 including free shipping in the UK.
Cruise + audio: £92 including free shipping in the UK.

These can be shipped internationally; shipping outside of the UK is £10.
I will be offering a fitting service for these in Thurrock Essex for £60 if you’d like to have them fitted for you

DELIVERY TIME:
These kits will be made to order and shipping time will be around 3 weeks after the order deadline date depending on how many kits need to be made. The aim is to get them delivered before Christmas.

If you’d be interested in a set of these please let myself and Neil know below by stating whether you’d need a audio only kit or cruise + audio kit in the comments below and the LED colour choice you’d require. I'll then send the order and payment details via PM.

Many thanks
Rick
How to restore cloudy projector headlights Link
Rick-sta is offline   Reply With Quote