View Single Post
Old 7th March 2017, 09:33   #9
alanaslan
Gets stuck in

75 Tourer Automatic conn, 75 Saloon Automatic Conn, The Monograme Spice Tourer

Quote:
Originally Posted by keithst24 View Post
Normally allowed 2 or 3 glass claims without effecting policy........just had my van done £75.00 excess and excellent service from National Windscreens.

A quick note. I know that screens are getting thin on the ground. Some windscreen companies I know are going round breakers yards removing screens from old cars and refurbishing them for fitting to our cars.
The heated screen order is away, I bought one of these as my estates screen is beginning to delaminate, should be being delivered around Easter time. These screens come with the wiper sensor if you ask but they do not come with a tint in them, you would have to have a film applied to the inside after fitting to get the top graduation back.
The cost of these screens was under three hundred pounds.
Perhaps if they are as thin on the ground as windscreen fitters I have spoken to are suggesting the club may consider holding some in stock.
Many of the car clubs I am a member of have a spares fund which is contributed to by members so the club can hold in stock items no longer available on the open market, this is the sort of thing I would be happy to contribute to. I have done so with the Jowette car club and the Reliant Owners' club thistle branch.
Just a thought as our cars will be requiring more and more parts that will not be available commercially as time goes on. There is always a machine shop out there who will make you anything you want at a price.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
alanaslan is offline   Reply With Quote