View Single Post
Old 16th June 2018, 10:08   #16
bl52krz
This is my second home

Rover 75 cdt club + Rover 2.5 KV6 Conni SE

Thanked 2,262 Times in 1,729 Posts

Ahh two strokes. Best engine in the world so long as you don’t want to many revs.First I would check the air filter. Second the spark plug. Third if the others are ok and you have nice blue spark across the plug points,check the carb by taking it to bits, there is not much to take to bits. My son went on holiday and I thought I would give his lawn a cut. Grass cutter would not start. Plug was ok,good spark, plenty of fuel. Looked at the filter and could see it was a bit? Dirty. Changed it, and away it went. I always start at the cheap end first because I am a tight wad. On the other hand,my m/cycle would not start, BSA Bantam 150, tuned. Tried everything but could only get a very weak spark. Puddled it down-to electrics. Decided it must be the coil. When checking the coil, it was apparent that the insulation was discoloured, burnt. On stripping the insulation of, you could see where the wire had broken, and the spark had been happening there rather than the plug. Got new coil, and everything was back to normal. . .

Last edited by bl52krz; 16th June 2018 at 10:19..
bl52krz is offline   Reply With Quote