View Single Post
Old 15th June 2022, 20:58   #15
goltho
Can't help myself

Rover 75 CDTi 2005

Quote:
Originally Posted by SD1too View Post
Yes, or you can examine which brushes need replacement and order accordingly. They're also available singly or as a pair. It's unlikely that the high speed brush (purple wire) will have worn at all.

Simon
Hi Simon, hope you're well. Spotted this thread tonight after finding my (almost certainly 3-speed) fan is inoperative under all conditions earlier this week prior to having the system (successfully) regassed this afternoon. The demister test produces the relay click but no fan, and shorting the Trinary yellow/grey & black wires does the same. A/C is now perfect when driving and I won't use it until the fan's repaired or replaced.

I'm in two minds about biting the bullet and fitting the Revotec kit @£185 or risking £40 on a set of brushes. But then I realised not all four may need changing as it appears very unlikely I'll ever need the high speed. So the my question is, how are the high-speed brushes identified, do you know? (I may well of course stop being an archetypal Scot and just pay the extra £18 but I thought I'd ask anyway...)

Dougie.

• Built 08/02/2005 @14:57 hrs: Registered 26/08/2005
• 122nd of 141 built that day
• British Racing Green Pearlescent (HFF)
• Sandstone leather with black piping (SPJ)
• 139,000 miles

Last edited by goltho; 15th June 2022 at 21:14..
goltho is offline   Reply With Quote