View Single Post
Old 20th March 2024, 08:31   #17
sln8458
Gets stuck in

Rover 75 Contemporary SE 2.0 Diesel Auto 2005 Facelift

Quote:
Originally Posted by atlasman0_0 View Post
Hi All, hope someone can point me in the right direction. Last thursday my 75 diesel tourer cut out outside my house after a journey of about 3 miles. It started up agian to allow me to get it on the drive but then would not start . With the fuel guage being around the 1/4 full as the car was parked on my sloping drive thought the fuel guague may be faulty and it had ran out of fuel? put 2 gallon in but still no joy, made sure fuel was getting through which it was and both pumps working. Eventually it started after a weekend of trying and recharging battery. Ran fine all week until yesterday when exactly the same thing happened again after the same journey. Cut out at top of drive , started again to get it on drive then wouldnt start, this time it was full of fuel. went to it this morning and it started first time . Any pointers please?

While I see that the OP is now considering scraping the car, could anyone get to him with a T4?? As the issue sounds similar to one I had a few years back where the pressure sensor on the HP fule pump was failing. The car would run fine for a while then just cut-out, some times re-starting there & then sometimes refusing to start.
Andy (Trikey) came round with his T4 and diagnosed on the spot, with a chat with the orical MarinaBrian.
Replaced the sensor job jobbed
Cruise Control; FBH with GSM (was FrenchMike's Remote) & dash button; Rear Blind; In-line Thermostat; wired in front & rear cameras; Mercedes DRL +DRL2; twin horns, twin usb power outlets, digital coolant temperature readout, Real Walnut dash, Walnut & black leather steering wheel, Walnut Handbrake grip, Towbar with full Rover harness.
Rear seat cup holders.

Wanted: Walnut auto gear stick handle
Mods to do: all done , need to come up with some more.
sln8458 is offline   Reply With Quote