View Single Post
Old 24th June 2022, 14:51   #3
JohnnyBG
Avid contributor

ZT-T

Macafee2, thanks a lot for the response. Before posting the query I had tested my lighting board on another car, although had to use a board to car adapter, the board is 7 pin and test car was EU 13 pin. I had previously fitted a towbar to my old 500 single motorcycle and towed a trailer with it but it took me quite a while to sort out the (6v) electrics. It's easier on an old motorcycle, everything is on view and traceable.

The ZT-T is wired for caravan, black socket for lights and grey one for auxiliary power (I used to sometimes tow a caravan with the previous 75 tourer so used to the socket arrangements). It has a CD changer (which I don't want) in the rear offside cavity behind the tail lights. Daft to say but I think it is 7 pin on the black (lights) socket

So I plugged in the lighting board onto the ZT-T using the black socket and nowt. I undid the socket in case there was dirt or broken connections (had to drill out the bottom bolt). Of course after that faffing around everything was clean and all connections sound!

I'll have another go following your encouragement and tips. Of course, looking at the wiring diagram does nothing to tell you the physical locations on the car. I'll take some photos. I have an old analogue tester inherited from Dad and a modern analogue one.

Cheers

JohnnyBG

Last edited by JohnnyBG; 24th June 2022 at 14:54.. Reason: Add info
JohnnyBG is offline   Reply With Quote