View Single Post
Old 7th August 2010, 21:20   #1
martin green
Posted a thing or two

ROVER 75 TOURER CDT 2002 & 2000 PRIMROSE YELLOW 75 SE

Default something a bit different but! still MG ROVER.

I have done a little digging lately and wanted something DIFFERENT from the MG Rover stable. I Found of the rarest cars Rover did was the MG Rover
commerce and express
, with around only 400 Rover commerce vans and about the same with the MG Express vans.

However I dug a little more deeper and the figures get even more sexy, The Rover commerce Vans only around 100 vans were built in the new shape 2004/2005 shape ultra rare!!! and around the same for the MG Express vans.

After this more digging tonight and most were in paint colours of Dover white/Midnight blue/Solar red in the Rover commerce guise, However ULtra ultra rare in "2005" model guise with a fantastic 2.0 Turbo diesel L series engine the Rover commerce in starlight silver for a van.

So when i tracked one down last week from a lady in Norwich, she said i could not sell it after 3 months,,,,SO I sold it to a commercial van dealer...

No! I said ahhahah!! I said could you give me the name and she did so i left them a E-mail and they returned my correspondence and bingo , Today i went to Norwich from Birmingham and collected it, but before i could take it home (went in olde faithful Rover 75 Tourer) went bought the van and left it there (the van) and drove over to Great Yarmouth and have a day at the seaside resort.

Once done drove back to Norwich after everyone else went home fired up the L series and my god what power...The is a "licence loser" of a vehicle.

The looks i got driving it home tonight 175 miles straight back with my trusty Rover 75 tourer in tow following ensuring all was well.

I must admit that tourer is the best god damn car I have ever bought, only last week I was up in the peak district 250 miles from home and then used it for work this week another 400 miles and then off to Yarmouth another 400 miles in one week.This car is now on 164000 miles on every thing original on it..fantastic.

However back to the Rover commerce I just had to have one of only 19 starlight silver vans ever built. These have got to be one of the best vehicles for future clasics to buy..the very last MG Rover Longbridge vans ever to be built. a sure fire classic.

I paid very modest money for it also...anyway here is a picture of one of those 100 2005 shape Rover commerce vans..

PS one of the parts of the deal remove those crappy EU plates back to British only ummh lovely.
martin green is offline   Reply With Quote