Thread: Sean Radio Guy
View Single Post
Old 21st November 2017, 19:58   #34
keithst24
This is my second home

X Power Grey MGZT 180+ Auto... Bumble & 1.8T Odessey Rover 75 Contemporary SE manual

Thanked 1,801 Times in 1,403 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by roverrich73 View Post
I came on here and had a moan about Sean a while back and I subsequently came back on and made a public apology as I did fly off the handle a bit.

Have had developments since then whish I thought I ought to share.

I original purchased a WINCE unit and ordered to replace this a used Navall with DAB from Sean.

I agreed a fitting date with his old fitter and drove 2 hours to be told the fitter did not have the unit to fit despite e-mails clearly stating the fitter should have it.

So I had to go back a few weeks later. This time the unit was there but no DAB. I was puzzled as when I ordered it Sean has units both with and without DAB. I found at then at this stage the DAB is just an add-on module. I thought surely then if this unit came back with it, what happened to it?

I was told this would be sent to me.

Nearly a year later I have still not received it, so I have paid Sean money for something he has still not supplied.

Back to the Navall - it was faulty and kept rebooting all the time.

Sean had no other used units so I paid extra to upgrade to a new Comet unit.

This arrived and I was unaware the wiring loom was different - meaning another 4 hour round trip was required to see the fitter - I also have a digital tv tuner, front DVR and rear camera and I had to snip the soldered wires the fitter had done for the Navall just to get it out.

Sean had originally asked for the Navall to be dropped off at the UPS point but as I was going to the fitter he said to take it with me as that is where it would sent so saved himself the postage.

I had to cancel my appointment as I came down with Norvo virus and it would of been selfish to take it over to his place, so it was re-booked for two weeks after this - this delay was my fault so hands up. Then Sean suddenly said he wanted it sent after all, despite me advising it would only get there 2 days before I came. So I sent it but thought it odd if I was going anyway that week. Sadly on the Friday night before I was due to go the installer suddenly cancelled and said he was no longer doing it. I was disappointed as I wouldn't leave someone in the lurch and would have honoured existing jobs, mine would have taken half hour!

I don't believe in coincidence as find it laughable that Sean said to me he did not know the fitter was going to quit - other members have subsequently told me they knew before so....

This left me with a unit that I could half use.

Which is where I am at - I have sent Sean further messages and in one instance he said what was the issue with my DAB unit!!!!!!!!!!!!! I reminded him the issue was he had not sent it. Oh I was also told the fitter had sent it etc etc

Sean also phoned me up out of the blue as well only to moan to me that a family member had been taken sick, what a thing to throw at a customer! Whilst I hope all was well with that of course, I didn't want to hear it.

But I have had a year of e-mails, with contradictions, one thing, then the next.

And then I remembered Sean's tagline about poor service loom long after low price has been forgotten.

Well if you buy from Ebay most of the sellers of these units use UK distributers and you are protected with the EU 2 year warranty which Ebay have to honour.

Sean also told me I was the only one having issues. Oh and when I had a promo email advertising the comet for far less than I paid for it, I was told it was because I had DAB!!!!!!!! So I have paid for DAB twice and don't even have it yet!!!!!!!!!!!

Oh, the Comet doesn't do half the stuff it is meant to but that's on another thread.

So I swear Sean makes it up as he goes.

Welcome any feedback from others............
Very poor customer service, sorry you've had such a nightmare especially from a forum trader
Born Monday, 16th June 2003 @ 14:30:35
This vehicle was the 9,196th ZT to run off the production line, out of 18,894
This vehicle was the 576th ZT 180 + to be made out of 828
This vehicle was the 871st ZT in XPower Grey (code: LEF) to be made out of 3,143 XPower Grey ZTs