View Single Post
Old 5th December 2021, 23:09   #7
frankgoldstar
Avid contributor

Rover 75 Conny Saloon

Default Spot on

Quote:
Originally Posted by T-Cut View Post
The external (ambient) temperature sensor is mounted on a push in clip behind the lower grill on the bumper panel. You have to drop the front edge of the undertray to get at it without removing the complete bumper.

The external temperture display will show -30 when the sensor wiring is disconnected. When reconnected, a functioning sensor can take an hour to a full day to equilibrate back to true ambient reading.

TC
Dear TC, thanks for the info. It gives me a pretty small area to search for a gubbins on a clip. Not a clue what it looks like, but it will have wires and a connector, so that should narrow it down a lot.

Interesting to hear that if the connection is not there the readout will show -30. As mine appears to think it is somewhere near Barbados, my hope it might be a cable/connector problem does look like an exercise in straw grasping.

I might try to get my wife to have a look before trying to get under the car myself though.

She can always find anything I do not want her to (no love, I bought these parts for my motorcycle years ago, before fleabay existed) so there is a chance she will respond to "if I cannot find the sensor, I will have to go on fleabay and buy one" More straw grasping. Best, Frank B
frankgoldstar is offline   Reply With Quote