View Single Post
Old 8th June 2022, 17:24   #8
Soca
Regular poster

Rover75

Thank you for the help. Just went for a drive today, with the air con on the temperature was around 90 to 93 degrees for most of the journey, the temperature would climb to to 100 when stationary but would quickly drop to around 90 when moving again. So I don’t think I have air trapped in the coolant as air in the system usually has the effect of widely fluctuating temperatures as the air circulates around the system. Checking the water level when cold, the level has remained at maximum every time I have checked, so nothing leaking. With the air con off, the fan doesn’t seem to come on until the temperature goes up to above 105 by then my digital temperature gauge that I wired into the Canbus, is beeping a warning alarm! It’s weird that the fan seems to work normally when the air con is on but doesn’t seem to work properly if it is off.

At the moment I have to switch the air con on when going along, if I forget and start the engine with it on I get that strange clattering sound which goes away as soon as I turn off the air con or press the econ button. I am planning to have all the belts changed this year as its been 10 years (the car was garaged for two years) the car’s done about 40,000 miles since they were last changed. So might be able to sort the fan and econ noise when everything’s apart!
Soca is offline   Reply With Quote