View Single Post
Old 21st February 2021, 21:46   #9
Mogodon
Gets stuck in

MG ZT 135+ Diesel Auto Mk2. Nisan Micra 1.4 SVE Auto.

Quote:
Originally Posted by clf View Post
You do not have to explain to anyone why you are exempt. However, the stores/companies can decide their own entry policies, and this is not a discriminatory stance, they are not discriminating against anything (think of it along the lines of some bars refusal to allow football tops).

Do NOT take their picture, simply because legally you are on private property, and therefore have to have permission to take pictures (not sure of the legal status of the individual, as a privately employed individual going about their business). Request their name, or employee reference if they will provide it, perhaps at source speak to the manager.

Whilst I do not (personally) see any physical reason not to wear a mask, I do experience the discomfort and orientation issue. So please do not take this as any kind of criticism, Bob, because I can empathise with you regarding a mask. I have done one 'big shop' since the mask thing came in, and I cut it short because of how the mask made me feel mentally/emotionally (more anger, and frustration than I would normally get in a supermarket). A visor is not an option either, since I get headaches and irritated eyes with a visor (and goggles).

The problem with the stores is, it is their policy laid out by government guidance and legislation, and if you cannot agree to it, simply shop elsewhere.
I beg to differ that it is discrimination, but will not be definitive until someone takes a company to court over it.

Almost all say a mask must be worn UNLESS exempt. Trouble is there is no available proof of exempt so security on the door has to make a decision.

If person says they're exempt and you believe they're fibbing, refuse entry and risk person kicking off shouting your discriminatory and some sort of "ist" / complaining to management and all the grief that entails (social media etc and bad publicity.

Or, as most do

Take their word and safe option and just let them in.
Plenum spyhole mod. Powerflow backbox. 11 spoke alloys repainted Black Sparkle. Black Expansion tank. Drivers side cup holder. PPD carpeted heater box sides. Illuminated sun visors, PPD Door reflectors. PPD Seatbelt lower mount bolt covers. PPD Drivers grab handle. Cubby rechargeable torch and power socket. FBH retro-fitted. FBH engine pre-heater mod done. Electric rear Sunblind. Tow bar. Flip key. MGR towing mirrors and Saloon roof bars.

Hand Built in Birmingham
Mogodon is offline   Reply With Quote