View Single Post
Old 13th September 2016, 05:44   #115535
NigelOBB
This is my second home

04 Rover 75 Contemporary SE - 53 Rover 75 Connoisseur -94 Mercedes W140 - 72 VW Beetle 1300

Quote:
Originally Posted by RPWC View Post
Evening gang, what a day!! I ordered the new catalytic converter for my van, and decided to change it tonight. Thinking I would be done in 30 minutes to an hour, how wrong could I be, it is a short pipe with a 45 degree bend at one end,which slides inside the rear section. Could I hell get it separated? I was braying a large screwdriver in the gap on side, pry bar on the other, it was stuck solid. After 2 hours I went and saw a neighbour and borrowed his blowtorch, that wouldn't shift it either,so we ended up having to cut it off with angle grinder. Then had to shape the mouth of the rear section again after it had the hell brayed out of it, finally finished about 8.50 ,after starting the job at 5.30.

After I had finished, you would think I had been down a pit for a month! Black? If i was any blacker, I would have blended in to the coal face,took an hour in the bath to scrub the crud off.

The muck was ingrained in my eyes, and After all that wishing ,i look like I've been in a fight. The van I was wanting to view as a replacement has been sold, so back to the searching. Will need to get to bed sharp tonight as I have to tidy the mess outside in the morning.

Those little Jobs are always the longest Richards lol 😁😁😁

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Keep smiling - it makes people wonder what you've been up to.

NigelOBB is offline   Reply With Quote