QuestionMark
Regular poster

LHD Rover 75 Tourer 2.0 CDT Conn auto 2002

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dragrad View Post
Hat's off smiley....

Quote:
Had to cut the rubbers mountings which were new replacements with multi-positional holes. Became apparent as the job progressed., Needed to do so to get the height adjustment right. Sorry cannot find an image of one at the moment, but I got them from the local Auto-parts retailer.
That's alright, I'll probably buy the OEM rubber mountings anyway - they're not too expensive from Rimmers.

Quote:
Taking the original rubber mountings off proved nigh on impossible, so a Stanley knife proved to be the only recourse So the newer, adapted, 3 hole one one was used, (cut off the top hole) as adapted to give a good fit.
Good I'm not the only one! I just looked at it, and didn't even try

Quote:
As to an after market bracket.... to fit... that would depend on the specs. of the exhaust body. After market exhausts can vary in in specs. The original was double skinned and so will not "blow" until the inner skin erodes away. Which is why I opted for the "adjustable" bracket using a long bolt and thread.
That's the thing though - I don't know if my exhaust body is aftermarket or not, so I'm not entirely sure that the Rimmerbros bracket (or any other bracket for the original exhaust) is the correct one. That's what I'd like to find out, but I don't know what to look for? The previous owner had so many parts replaced that I have no idea.

Quote:
Originally Posted by StewartIngram View Post
Large Jubilee clips, joined together to make them even bigger, work well.

Stewart
How did you attach them to the rubber mountings?
QuestionMark is offline   Reply With Quote