View Single Post
Old 30th August 2014, 15:21   #3
HarryM1BYT
This is my second home

75 Contemporary SE Mk II 2004 Man. Sal. CDTi 135ps, FBH on red diesel, WinCE6 DD

Thanked 2,061 Times in 1,586 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by johan190 View Post
Hi!
I've have a little problem with my brakes. Whenever I hit the brakes at high speed my front brakes start to vibrate and sort of shake so that I can feel it through the steeringwheel. If you brake with no hands on the wheel you can see the wheel vibrate from left to right.
But whenever I hit the brakes hard the vibrations stop and it feels like normal. It only appears when I brake in small amounts.
Do I have warped brake discs?

Johan
Yes, sounds like some slight disk warping and the fix might be an easy no effort, no cost one.

Take the car on an open, but little used fast road, where you can safely get it up to 70 mph and brake very hard (just short of the ABS being triggered), several times in succession.

The idea is to get the disks good and hot, but not come to a complete stop, then rapid acceleration again to 70 and repeat. Do it two/ three times and it may just fix the issue at no cost. Remember you must not come to a complete stop with hot disks, because that will cause distortion.

How To's and items I offer for free, or just to cover the cost of my expenses...

http://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/foru...40#post1764540

Fix a poor handbrake; DIY ABS diagnostic unit; Loan of the spanner needed to change the CDT belts; free OBD diagnostics +MAF; Correct Bosch MAF cheap; DVB-T install in an ex-hi-line system; DD install with a HK amp; FBH servicing.

I've taken a vow of poverty. To annoy me, send money.
HarryM1BYT is offline   Reply With Quote