View Single Post
Old 21st July 2019, 15:23   #8
clf
This is my second home

MG ZT CDTi

Thanked 2,657 Times in 1,973 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blink View Post

Btw, did you take the bumper off just to give better access or were you sorting something else out?

That red trolley jack looks the part - which one is it? (I need a new one!)
The bumper came off to give more light and access to the rear, it also helps to reduce risk of damage to it whilst manoeuvring bits and pieces in and out. If you are taking the bumper off, either have someone to help guide it away from below the tail lights or remove them. I have done this twice now, and twice I have knocked off the inner corner of the driver's side lamp unit! (it was the same unit, just glued back on)

The jack came from Lidl, around £70 or 80. I am convinced it is a copy of another branded one. SGS do the same one HERE (again it will be a copy or 'chinese made with your logo on it' type, going by the toolbox I have had from them, compare THIS and THIS and THIS ,). Like the tool boxes, the jack is more than adequate for the home user, but it does need bled quite frequently though (I did recently replace the oil which seemed to have helped, I suspect I lost a little too much oil when I bled it incorrectly the first time - which was my fault of course). It doesnt lift the rear from the central jacking point by the way, in fact it only just about reaches the central point lol)

It is not gloss primer .............. it is duct tape silver!

Last edited by clf; 21st July 2019 at 15:30..
clf is offline   Reply With Quote