View Single Post
Old 9th April 2020, 09:52   #6
achmelvich

rover saloon

Well guys - there's good and bad news.. Good news is the new sensor is fitted and working. Bad news is my 75 year old back and knees are rather sore (sensorship won't allow my original word)- after this 'exercise'..I removed the brake disc and caliper as one as I wanted to remove the brake disc splash shield to allow me to drill straight into the old sensor. Unfortunately after trying for hours to remove the 3 small bolts I used a crowbar and pulled the shield out of the way!

With the great photos from Arctic I was a lot more confident in drilling and eventually managed to remove almost all the old sensor. On inspecting with a small LED probe I managed to finally dislodge the lot at the far end with a screw driver. I soaked an old toothbrush with WD40 and gave it a good clean out - the new sensor fitted perfectly.

When disconnecting the old cable from the engine bay connector (blue) the top of the engine bay connector crumbled as it was so brittle but the internal wiring etc were ok so I connected it up and wrapped it in amalgamating tape to keep any moisture out.
Got a great feeling after all bits back in their right place and I had a short test drive.

Thanks to all for their advice and help. Hopefully someone else may benefit from my experience.

Last edited by achmelvich; 9th April 2020 at 09:56.. Reason: naughty word
achmelvich is offline   Reply With Quote