View Single Post
Old 10th April 2019, 10:56   #1
Neil1
I really should get out more.......

MG ZT-T CDTI Auto

Default In Hospital For My Operation!

Yesterday the 9th April I was booked into Torbay Hospital for the removal of my gallbladder which I had waited 17 months for.

I got up at 6.30am had a marmalade sandwich which I made myself eat and had a couple of mugs of tea as I wasn't allowed any food or drink except water after 8am.

The Taxi was booked for 11am to take me in.

In I went and met with a Nurse who went through a few forms about this and that and put two wrist bands on me as I have allergies to certain drugs.

After waiting for 3.5hrs (I kept myself occupied with doing crosswords and word searches in a couple of books I took in).
My Consultant Surgeon came to see me, I know him very well as he has been my Consultant since 2016.
He told me that my operation had been cancelled due to the fact that there weren't any beds for me, I was gutted.
I had not been eating well let alone sleeping properly as I get really stressed over things like this, I can't help it, plus I have numerous other issues to contend with which he knows about.

So I said okay, but I will now have the operation on my terms, so I have delayed the operation until September as I don't mind being laid up then.

He said you must be hungry and got one of the Nurses make me a mug of tea and get me some ham sandwiches and a packet of crisps which I did enjoy.

The weather is going to be getting better and I have loads of things to do to my car plus a few shows to attend.

Admittedly if the operation had gone ahead I would have been extremely happy plus I wouldn't have to be on this strict low fat diet but it doesn't bother me anymore.
Neil1 is offline   Reply With Quote