View Single Post
Old 10th April 2019, 17:34   #5
HarryM1BYT
This is my second home

75 Contemporary SE Mk II 2004 Man. Sal. CDTi 135ps, FBH on red diesel, WinCE6 DD

Thanked 2,061 Times in 1,586 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by stevestrat View Post
Aspirin didn't get a mention Harry, not until I was handed a second info sheet in the ward itself. I say leaflet but it was two A4 sheets of photocopied paper (3 sides), a locally done thing by the look of it, frankly I could have made something more presentable on the laptop! Not only did it not mention aspirin it didn't mention that you are supposed to fast either, I hadn't eaten anyway.

"Leaflet" aside, the doctor issuing the letter was supposed to look at what meds I am on and advise accordingly.

The leaflet I received was a little better, 2x folded A4, printed both sides and quite informative. It suggests 'a light breakfast' on the day of the op., take any regular meds as advised by your doctor and take anything needed for an overnight stay, just in case. I rang to ask about it generally....

They say be there at 0800, op 0900 to 1000, then a total of six hours recovering before release. Then do nothing much for 48 hours, before resuming normal operation. It says they will NOT allow you home unaccompanied and you must have someone at home keeping an eye on you. I have asked for patient transport to collect me in the morning, a friend to collect me and take me home.

How To's and items I offer for free, or just to cover the cost of my expenses...

http://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/foru...40#post1764540

Fix a poor handbrake; DIY ABS diagnostic unit; Loan of the spanner needed to change the CDT belts; free OBD diagnostics +MAF; Correct Bosch MAF cheap; DVB-T install in an ex-hi-line system; DD install with a HK amp; FBH servicing.

I've taken a vow of poverty. To annoy me, send money.
HarryM1BYT is offline   Reply With Quote