View Single Post
Old 26th September 2020, 20:25   #12
Mike Noc
This is my second home

Rover 75 CDT Manual Connoisseur SE, Rover 75 CDT Automatic Connoisseur SE & a Freelander Td4.

Thanked 3,119 Times in 2,247 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by tourerboy75 View Post
It did take me an hour and a half to empty the fuel using the UBP by turning the ignition on and off for a minute evertime. Have I caused any damage to the Fuel Injectors or the Glow Plugs by having the ignition fully turned on whist emtying, or have I burnt out something that I am not aware of.
No I can't see that causing any problems, but it is far quicker if you pull the fuel pump relay and use a jump lead across the pump terminals.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tourerboy75 View Post
I do have access to a working Rover 75 Tourer cdti year 2001 that I can use for testing by swapping parts over from one car to the other to try and see if they can solve the starting issue. Whilst under the bonnet I've also cleaned the camshaft sensor and refitted it back, no difference though, although reading threads thats usually associated with warm start problems.
Don't believe everything you read - my failing cam sensor caused a problem starting first thing in the morning from cold. If the cam sensor has failed then cleaning it won't do any good, so worth swapping it out.

Does the rev counter needle bounce up when you crank the engine? If so then the crank sensor should be OK.

Might be worth replacing the fuel filter if it hasn't been touched in ten years. Failing that try a sniff of Easystart - if it fires up with that then it may be an injector issue.

Last edited by Mike Noc; 26th September 2020 at 20:28..
Mike Noc is offline   Reply With Quote