Old 13th July 2019, 17:26   #7
stocktake
Vis Whiz

Rover 75 2.5 auto Saloon

Thanked 3,056 Times in 1,621 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by bendrick View Post
Its a good point.

To be registered (unless its changed) I presume that you would have to be a company or individual sole trader registered and listed on the Gas Safe register which is open to the public to check.

Gas engineers can be qualified and up to date with their 5 yearly updates but not necessarily registered with Gas Safe unless they are working for a registered firm and/or registered in their own right as a seperate entity. Meaning that as you suggest if they are covered by the umbrella of a firm that they work for they would not be registered to do private work unless they had also taken out an individual registration for themselves also.

So in the event of a qualified employee of a registered company doing what is commonly known in different areas as a Darker / Foreigner / Fiddle then the appliance installation would not be able to be registered as the regulations demand.

If you would like any further information that you feel that i may be able to help you with please feel free to contact me by private message.
Or, the entire installation CAN be completed by a qualified competent person who is not registered. Then the installation can be commissioned and registered by a group or individual who is qualified and on the Gas Safe Register.

Lost a few stones and a Gall Bladder and part of a bile duct and all of my dignity in the suppository incident
stocktake is offline   Reply With Quote