View Single Post
Old 6th May 2021, 14:39   #29
bl52krz
This is my second home

Rover 75 cdt club + Rover 2.5 KV6 Conni SE

Thanked 2,262 Times in 1,729 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darcydog View Post
So CO2 is somehow a pollutant. And yet all plants photosynthesise taking in CO2, combining it with water to produce carbohydrates that we can eat and Oxygen that we breath.

6CO2 + 6H20 = via photosynthesis C6H12O6 + O2

Something I alway find fascinating is that Chlorophyll in plants that enables photosynthesis is that it is the same molecule as our Haemoglobin - the only difference is that our haemoglobin that enables us to transport O2 to our organs and CO2 away from them, has an iron (Fe) atom held in the centre whilst the Chlorophyll molecule has an atom of Magnesium (Mg)

The irony of this to owners of MG cars should not be overlooked !!

But on a serious note - the climate change zealots do not like it when you point out that “Yes! CO2 levels have increased a bit of late - but whilst 400ppm up from, say 390ppm sound scary - expressing this level as a percentage of CO2 in our atmosphere puts it in a different perspective 0.04% up from 0.039% seems to calm things down a tad.

Them we have past levels of CO2 - circa 400ppm (parts per million) is at the low end of historical CO2 levels, which have been as high as 7000ppm and yet life flourished abundantly.

And if you look back over graphs of Geological Timescale and Concentration of CO2 and Temperature record - it becomes clear that there is no correlation at all between the two.

My hobby horse is the demonisation of CO2 leads to badly flawed decisions. Like promoting diesel cars because they have lower CO2 than petrol/LPG cars but ignoring all the particulates and NOX’s that diesels produce.

Let’s not mince words here! - the Green Talibans ideology that put diesels on our urban streets has killed people.

Equally bad is the deforestation so that palm oil can be produced so we can run our diesels on bio-fuel. This ignores the grubbing up of huge swathes of rain forest that is home to the likes of the Orangutan - and this was deemed acceptable to the Greens as we in the west had to virtue signal to the world just what we would do to our world in order to meet a green target.

NASA has now shown that slightly higher CO2 has helped the green the planet via increased plant biomas.

Without CO2 we would all be dead.

The world is actually in a period of low CO2 levels as proved by the fact that Market Gardeners pump CO2 into their greenhouses to increase yield.
All this hyped up info? On diesels, is just that,hyped. I worked in a diesel smoke laden .environment for around 40 years. I should have been dead years ago according to so called facts. Did you know that if you live in Cornwall, you stand a chance of dying with Radon poisoning? It is given off by. The rocks in Cornwall. It is recommended that you should leave the doors and windows open all the time so that the gas can escape to the outside?? Now there is an anomaly in itself.