View Single Post
Old 8th December 2021, 20:09   #33
COLVERT
This is my second home

R75 Saloon.

Thanked 2,167 Times in 1,816 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by MSS View Post
Actually, clipped is better and a little more accurate. A battery does not absorb Electromotive Force (loosely called voltage), instead electrical potentials are dropped across elements.

I would have expected you to say that the panel behaves as a constant current charger.

COLVERT - this is shameful given your attention to detail and in particular detail concerning choice of words!
Clipped. Not understood by me.--Clipped is what happens to our two shih-tzus
when the dog lady comes around.

I see it as a very slight increase in surface voltage and thus reducing any potential damage to any of the cars delicate electronic bits by over-pressurising them by too high a circuit voltage.

I'll stick to my own description but thanks all the same after asking the opinion of a couple of family members.---Clipped was meaningless to them. All I got was a shrug and a negative shake of the head.

I have heard of clippies on buses and even a clip joint but never to do with batteries after more the 65 years of messing about with them.-- Get your tickets clipped over here.---Lol.

PS.
My choice of words has severely deteriorated since the word PARAGON disappeared off my T-Shirt in the weekly wash.

Last edited by COLVERT; 8th December 2021 at 20:20..
COLVERT is offline   Reply With Quote