View Single Post
Old 20th September 2019, 23:02   #10902
Rich in Vancouver
Gets stuck in

MG ZT-T

As my late Scouser Step-Dad would have said, "What A Palaver!"
I did find the dropped hydramount nut, but it turned out to be a fluke.
I searched again this morning with no luck, so dismantled the R/H engine mount assembly again to see if it was amongst the pulleys, I also removed the heat shield from the lower engine mount to see if it was in there. No luck in either location. It had made a distinct clink, clink, clunk when it fell and I figured it had bounced off the engine front plate twice (clink, clink) then hit the sump (clunk). I searched the sump area and the R/F suspension, still no luck.
In the end I gave up as it didn't seem to be anywhere it could cause damage.
I searched through my many totes and bins of parts and nuts and bolts trying to find any 12mm nut, but no luck at all. 10s and 14s but no 12s. That meant a 20km drive tomorrow to the local marine hardware store. They have the best selection of metric fasteners locally.
I put everything back together and was just finishing up reinstalling the wing liner when something caught my eye next to the washer fluid bottle. There was the rotten nut! It had somehow managed to get itself to the front of the subframe and was on edge up against the front mounting bracket.
It's installed now and after a break I am going to fire up the car.
Thanks to those who read this far but I had to tell someone!
I do have a question though... I found a mystery plug at the right rear of the engine compartment, just below the VIS motor. I'm darned if I can find anything to plug it into. I am hoping that it is a plug for some accessory I don't have and hopefully someone can confirm that.

Last edited by Rich in Vancouver; 20th September 2019 at 23:08..
Rich in Vancouver is offline   Reply With Quote