View Single Post
Old 3rd October 2019, 14:49   #21
RPWC
This is my second home

75 model car

Thanked 5,083 Times in 3,114 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by trikey View Post
Oh FFS don't say that, I quite like walking down there I know there are big cats loose in the UK just didn't want one on my doorstep!
We have one round the north east/Tynedale area, although it hasn’t been spotted for quite some time now. There was a time when it was spotted fairly frequently, it was rumoured to be a black panther like creature, the size of a large dog, but longer with a long tail that curled up slightly at the tip.
I have never seen it myself, but a friend saw it a couple of years back around 7am in daylight, on his way to work, just glimpsed it disappearing through a gap in the hedge.. About 20 odd years ago, I went out one winter with another mate, to take some photos, out in the sticks, and we came across some large prints in the deep snow out on the moors. John stopped to have a chat with another bloke who was out shooting, and he had seen the prints too, but not what had made them. A short while later John spotted the animal bounding along a hedgerow about 1 field distance away,.
I missed it, as by the time I turned round to look, it had gone behind the hedge. It turned out to be a cougar or mountain lion.