View Single Post
Old 8th October 2019, 17:13   #1
SCP440
I really should get out more.......

MG ZT-T 260

Default Miele Washing Machine

SWMBO was doing some washing last night, after 20 mins there was a bang and the trip went in the fuse box. I reset and it immediately went again. I checked everything and as I walked pass the washing machine it smelt very burnt so I unplugged it.

On investigation today I took the lid off to see several burnt wires and a component obviously starting to melt.

I was given it by my mother 10 or so years ago and she had bought it 4 years previous to that.

I know they are more expensive that most washing machines but I think 14 + years use is good for a white good these days especially with the amount of use my wife gives it.

I have not even bothered looking into getting it repaired as I think the cost of repair is probably going to cost more than I am willing to spend, I ordered a new one today and apparently I will even get £75 cash back, it comes with a 5 year warranty and I can extend that to 10.

I have no connection with Miele, I am just saying it is nice to find you can still buy quality white goods.
SCP440 is offline   Reply With Quote