View Single Post
Old 17th October 2021, 15:54   #10
AndyS
Regular poster

Rover 75 Tourer

Wink

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jamiewelch View Post
BMW 330D VNT turbo with an aftermarket VNT controller. You'll be able to max the fuel system out at 180bhp. And you'll be achieving 180bhp from around 2500rpm all the way to the red line! If fitting a larger turbo you need VNT or you'll have no boost low down and you'll put a massive shock through the entire drivetrain when you get boost.

It's not too hard to achieve
Does anyone know which 330D VNT turbo to use? I had a quick look at 330D options and there appear to be 3 or 4 different turbos for the 330D.
The option of more/earlier low down torque and then more mid range torque across the range, with a little bit more around the top end, is attractive to me as I often travel loaded or towing and that would help nicely on my manual 135 tourer.
As mentioned elsewhere, the low and mid torque is what would be nice for me, but big top end horsepower numbers would not be the aim for me.
Does anyone know what the torque limits are for the clutch and the gearbox? I do not want to push the gearbox too gar whjilst towing either.
AndyS is offline   Reply With Quote