View Single Post
Old 19th February 2021, 14:34   #97
edwardmk
Gets stuck in

MG ZT 260, Rover 75 Connie SE auto

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rick-sta View Post
You're not going to believe this...

The exact thing has just happened to me. Yesterday I had the ignition on for about 10 mins whilst I was doing a few bits around the car and then when I went to start the car it just kept clicking as the battery had drained too low. All other electrics worked fine.

As it was late I locked the car up and planned to remove the battery and put it on trickle charge today. Have tried to unlock the door with the fob and it isn't unlocking and I can't open the driver's door with the key!

The driver's door lock definitely works, I've only used it recently. I only just put a new battery on Redfive in August last year.

I seem to have the exact problem you had. My fob isn't doing anything and for some reason I cannot open the driver's door with the key, even though that usually opens the driver's door even when there isn't a battery fitted to the car.

Very sorry to hear that Rick. That at least makes me feel I'm not going crazy. I've got both door cards off and am going over everything on the locks, but so far can't see anything obviously wrong. I'm planning some tests with a fully charged battery later on this weekend and will post reports, but I was so grateful to get back into the car without having to go through the awkward 'feel for the bonnet cable' technique. She's in the garage now with the doors open and the battery disconnected just in case the random battery drain destroys another new battery while I'm not looking
edwardmk is offline   Reply With Quote