View Single Post
Old 30th August 2016, 19:58   #16
clf
This is my second home

MG ZT CDTi

Thanked 2,657 Times in 1,973 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fishytroll66 View Post
Just done the test on mine, 81-84 degrees, dropping to 78 when moving - would say stat is fubar?
My questions is ; when fitting the renault (vomit) stat, do you have to remove the old one. I will admit now that I have not read the info on fitting it, and could this lack of engine temp be the cause of having to crank my heater up full to get hot air to the screen?

Ta..
Yes I would say it is fubarred, especially if it takes more than 3 or 4 miles to reach at least 80 degrees. It is close to being fubarred anyway.

You wont need to remove the original, as it isnt known to fail open or closed, but rather it fails by opening too early.

Installing the Renault stat, is a relatively simple job, I have now done it a few times and can do them in about 10 minutes lol.

There are other options, but none are as easy and as cheap as the R5 stat. It will help get the temp up higher to the accepted operating temp. Before commencing any work, fill the bowl of the stat with water and make sure it is water tight. If it is not, reject it, for you will notice no difference.

Dont bother trying to crank the heat up, cold or warm, just turn the AC on it will clear just as quickly. even in cold weather.

It is not gloss primer .............. it is duct tape silver!
clf is offline   Reply With Quote