Thread: Statins
View Single Post
Old 7th February 2019, 07:33   #10
HarryM1BYT
This is my second home

75 Contemporary SE Mk II 2004 Man. Sal. CDTi 135ps, FBH on red diesel, WinCE6 DD

Thanked 2,061 Times in 1,586 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by buchanan View Post
I watched a programme were a Doctor ripped Statins to shreds, he said you need a coating on your arteries to protect the wall, he said diet will only lower the 'bad Chloresterol by 10%.
He also said that a tribe in Africa because of their diet, had the highest bad cholesterol on the planet, yet had the lowest heart disease.
The big drug companies make billions every year from Stains, and Doctors get a 'bonus' for proscribing them. His opinion was you could have 19years with all the side effects or 18 years with a better quality of life, hard to know what to do, as the medical powers that be are split on the benefit of taking them.

It has always been thus!

Hospital consultant early last year with an MRI found I'd had a very minor stroke in the distant past and that I had a partially blocked artery feeding the left side of my head, so he proposed my BP ought to be kept between 150 to 160. GP's with prescriptions wanted my BP much lower, until I pointed out the consultants recommendation - then said '..your choice, your decision'. He suggested I ought to be on aspirin, GP agreed.

Then I had the oesophagus bleed and the consultant who dealt with that suggested stopping the aspirin, but GP never noticed that and they are still on my prescription despite not taking them since August..

How To's and items I offer for free, or just to cover the cost of my expenses...

http://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/foru...40#post1764540

Fix a poor handbrake; DIY ABS diagnostic unit; Loan of the spanner needed to change the CDT belts; free OBD diagnostics +MAF; Correct Bosch MAF cheap; DVB-T install in an ex-hi-line system; DD install with a HK amp; FBH servicing.

I've taken a vow of poverty. To annoy me, send money.
HarryM1BYT is offline   Reply With Quote