View Single Post
Old 1st May 2018, 12:46   #5
macafee2
This is my second home

Rover 75 Saloon & Tourer

Thanked 3,032 Times in 2,181 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by EastPete View Post
Remove the brass coloured spring clip on the left hand end of the pedal shaft (near the clutch pedal0.This clip is similar to the one that holds the master cylinder plunger/shaft on to the clutch pedal, so use a screwdriver to prise it off. Slide the clutch pedal off the shaft. Be careful not to lose any bits in the foot well or carpets - the spring clip and the plastic bushes/spring in the clutch pedal pivot can go walkabout during this operation. You do not really need to remove the pedal to remove the master cylinder, but if you do, grease the pedal shaft with some LM grease to stop clutch pedal squeaks.

Pete
thank you. I was getting myself into a bit of a state with a scratched left hand and not being able to get at the bolts. I have now made " the official
Rover 75 CDTI Tourer clutch master cylinder removal tool" A cut down and ground down allan key to fit in the 1/4 square hole of an 8mm socket. Selotaped the two together and slid the ring end of an 8mm spanner over the allan key. This allows me to locate the socket on the bolt and undo it.

It's only a removal tool, heaven knows how I'll refit it and this task is best done by a gymnast. Bent all ways, not a good idea at my age

macafee2
macafee2 is offline   Reply With Quote