Thread: 2016 Project
View Single Post
Old 1st February 2016, 16:03   #147
awvc1
Posted a thing or two

Rover 75 Saloon

a total disaster of a day.

The one thing I thought this car would be easier with was getting powerfolds working.

I am still stuck with 1 working powerfold, and no passenger powerfold on my gold car, and still trying to fix that. I've had disappointments on getting hold of a working one, and I'm still in the process of trying to get fixed a broken one that may or may not solve my problem. It is soul destroying.

This car however has two powerfold mirrors attached now, so i ordered up the looms i needed confident that I could get the drivers side working fairly quickly. Only i couldn't.

the loom appears defective unless i'm horribly mistaken as there is no continuity between the switch wires and the socket that goes in the powerfold mirror on the drivers side. So when I pulled it off to test further indoors, it wouldn't come out until it broke off inside the plug. So that's it. This car will never have powerfolds now, as the connector required in the plug is now blocked by the remains of the broken one, and I'm unable to dig it out with a needle or anything.

I've asked a question in the forum in general if anyone can help as I've reached the end of my tether with it all now. If I can't get the fragments of the crimp connector out, I'm done for good with this dream, as I can't see a way forward. Even with a new loom that works it is now blocked from being inserted on the plug, which is a part of my car.

Someone up there really doesn't want me to have powerfolds on any of my cars. I think this time I've had more than i can take and I really want to just give up. This it totally beyond me.

Mods:

FBH
Revotec Fan
Inline 'stat
Xenon lights + washers
BMW MK4 satnav, clock mod, BT ulf, 16:9 screen & TV
upgraded BM54 + BT Aux-in
Miracast box
Glasses holder
Flip Key
Spyhole +Jules plenum shield
PPD - badges,rear plinth, carpeted heater panels, anchor bolts, reflectors