Old 3rd May 2018, 14:16   #3
J1MBO
This is my second home

Roverless & now carless

Thanked 2,428 Times in 1,301 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teflon View Post
Thanks as always for posting these up .

Like you, I haven't visited Gaydon for a few years, so it's nice to see what they've done to the place. I think a visit may be on the cards this summer.

I also have to add that I'm in awe of your steady hand with the camera. I appreciate that camcorders these days have built in stabalisation, but even so, very impressive work .

Cliff
Cheers Cliff.

Gaydon is well worth the visit, the main halls are much improved and now have better lighting making them feel light and airy, adding the Collections Centre and Jaguar Heritage really make it the museum it should have always been.

Thanks also for your comments regarding my steady hand, granted most camcorders have some sort of stabilisation but, I have to say, some of it is down to clever editing .

There are three types of stabilisation; digital, optical and balanced optical, the CX570E I used for the Gaydon videos has optical stabilisation and still requires a reasonably steady hand. I've just invested in a camcorder with balanced optical stabilisation, unfortunately second-hand as I can't run to new, hopefully I'll now be able to add a bit more movement to my videos.

Jim

Last edited by J1MBO; 3rd May 2018 at 15:51..
J1MBO is offline   Reply With Quote