View Single Post
Old 26th January 2020, 13:57   #14
wraymond
This is my second home

75 Auto 2.5 SE

Thanked 1,680 Times in 1,014 Posts

Excellent replies on here. It amounts to your own confidence in your abilities to navigate today's driving conditions. I'm not far off your predicament and, given the affordability and necessity of personal transport, I would take an assessment by a professional, if only for an unbiased view.

I occasionally imagine a road sign saying 'Well, how do you think that 20 miles went?'
If you have a dash cam, play it back to yourself weekly/monthly and give yourself a cold verdict.
Milestones are merely measurements, you can always make the travelling between them safe and comfortable. Your own conscience will dictate if you give it a chance.

On a lighter note, I would hate to confirm the prejudices some other drivers have about R75 drivers. I don't want to drive in the modern idiom, I want to drive like we used to. Like allowing others who have what used to be called 'right of way' when parked cars cause three-lane traffic with oncoming cars in two lanes, and when we used to allow converging traffic to enter in front of us rather than pretending we hadn't seen them, and many others. Good luck.

Last edited by wraymond; 26th January 2020 at 14:08..
wraymond is offline   Reply With Quote