View Single Post
Old 30th May 2019, 07:36   #17
MSS
This is my second home

Rover 75CDT, Jaguar XF-S 3.0V6, V'xhall Omega V6 Estate, Twintop 1.8VVT, Astra Estate and Corsa 1.2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darcydog View Post
Anyone else watching Panorama - Crisis in Care.?

Genuinely vulnerable people and a Local Council - Somerset - running out of money - they have to save a further £13M

And yet we give money to support Fracking in other Countries via Foreign Aid.

The cuts seem so deep here in the U.K. - and I do think we should have a Foreign Aid budget - but who the heck signs off who gets what?

I saw Panorama and the depth of the cuts is sustained and crushing.

I do however believe that we need to have an open debate in society as to whether the cost of care for the elderly is sustainable. How can £65k PA for a person be sustained when the same councils have laid off thousands of people whose livelihood depended on the circa £20k PA wages. Has medicine gone too far in maintaining lives of people who in other countries would have naturally pass away?

Also, I reviewed the salaries of the 20ish top officials in our county Council when they were proposing to completely cut the Citizens Advice budget a few months ago. These salaries were over £100k plus benefits/expenses and should be cut by half.

Having said the above, I so admired the lady who was looking after her husband and the chap who was working yet looking after his wife and kids.
MSS is offline   Reply With Quote