View Single Post
Old 14th September 2019, 23:25   #9
clf
This is my second home

MG ZT CDTi

Thanked 2,657 Times in 1,973 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bogbrush82 View Post
I wish I knew. I couldn't see anything from the top of the engine from where I was standing, and the stat mod was still bone dry too. All I know is I could hear the water pouring out from somewhere and it was leaving a nasty wet patch on the road.

On a side note - the fan is also working fine, as it was trying like crazy to cool it down.
It is all speculation until you get a look at it, but I would be looking at the work carried out (I am not criticising or blaming). I am wondering if the new stat is faulty and not opening? Build up of pressure has caused a hose to pop off/loose? Or one of the clips failing and allowing the coolant to leak by?

Where is the coolant/noise coming from and landing in relation to the car? As an example, if there is no undertray, and the coolant was landing on the ground roughly beside the driver's side wheel, it will suggest the original thermostat housing/waterpump area. From below the passenger side wheel would suggest pipework relating to the FBH (location). You get the idea.

It is not gloss primer .............. it is duct tape silver!
clf is offline   Reply With Quote