View Single Post
Old 7th October 2020, 14:02   #9
Jamiewelch
Posted a thing or two

Alpina D3

Quote:
Originally Posted by vitesse View Post
Apologies to the OP for going slightly off topic, but why the negative comments about Toaf? I’ve reprogrammed my BCU taken from a tourer and used in my saloon and it worked for the lifetime of use possibly eight years (car now relegated to donor status). Was actually recommended by another T4 owner Rover54, a most helpful gent.
MarinaBrian recognised that Toaf has its uses especially when the car is immobile or the poster far from a T4.
I can easily enable the digital speedo, switch off the rear auto defroster, add s/h remote boards - can you with your T4?

Regards
Toaf works alright with a second hand unit as it has already been programmed before and car specific options can be changed. I'm not saying toaf is bad, it just can't program brand new things properly as more goes on with a T4 with brand new things, it does a good job with second hand ones though.

No need to try and mention functions that were not available in the T4. I can program S/H circuit boards as I wrote a windows application to regenerate the barcode. A BCU replacement using the T4 procedure copies the fob information across for you. Can you program in a virginised diesel ecu with toaf? They both have their uses and toaf is a handy piece of software.

I'd like to see what toaf can do with a brand new ecu to be honest, it can't read the ZCS codes from an NNN100720 or NNN500340 properly.

Toaf is fine for second hand ecus, but a T4 is always best for brand new ecus as it sets everything properly for the car it is being fitted to.
Jamiewelch is offline   Reply With Quote