View Single Post
Old 27th February 2021, 23:08   #14
bikerdude666
Posted a thing or two

Jaguar Xe diseasal

Quote:
Originally Posted by macafee2 View Post
The car came with a space saver, so a full size spare is a change, a mod.
Adrian flux have not seemed bothered by some of the modifications and so they do not add to the premium. If I declare all mods I never have to worry.

macafee2
I do get the thinking, but 1, 4-9 and 16 on your list, it could have left the factory with, unless you happen to be the original purchaser, or they have the original order form, I can’t see how they’d prove it wasn’t like that from new.
The full size spare, I personally don’t see as any different to carrying anything else in the boot, if I take out the small jack supplied, and chuck a trolley jack in the boot instead, I wouldn’t declare it...

I’ve no idea how my car left the factory, so mods I declare are a tow bar, and non performance back box. I assume it came with the black oak and 11’s. I was unaware someone had changed the speedo surround until it was pointed out to me at a meet, likewise I’ve since been told it wouldn’t have had chrome bullet mirrors.

If we declared every part that was different to as it left the factory, would we end up declaring different brands of brake pads, or some cheap floor mats, seat cover etc.

Each to their own obviously, but I think there’s a lot on that list that wouldn’t be looked at if a claim was made. They’re old almost worthless cars now, they’ll come out, see a scratch and offer a few hundred £’s.
bikerdude666 is offline   Reply With Quote