View Single Post
Old 23rd July 2021, 13:45   #13
macafee2
This is my second home

Rover 75 Saloon & Tourer

Thanked 3,032 Times in 2,181 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by WillyHeckaslike View Post
Horses for courses if you have the room but for most pre-war semis and smaller properties I would not be keen myself. Same with double-bed size fridge freezers, my sister swears by them but it is used in the main for just her and her husband. Ok when family visit but I tend to think that a lot of stuff is bought just to fill it and subsequently gets slung. Her 52" tv fills the bay of her lounge blocking most of the light and I think she might be on her 3rd expensive Samsung. Not by choice I might add but for reasons of Samsung tv failures.
My wife and I are just in the process of swapping from under counter fridge and freezers to full height upright ones. I dont want to go shopping every week, I also want to have a wide variety of choice when I wake up in the morning and fancy this or that for dinner or there is to be an extra person for dinner.
We have been like this for 20 or so years, it started with lack of time to go shopping but now it is convenience. Very little in the way of fresh food gets thrown as I try to plan the meals so buy what we need but then may end up not cooking one night. I used to do a two or even week plan for dinner so I knew what to buy.

macafee2
macafee2 is online now   Reply With Quote