View Single Post
Old 1st November 2019, 06:13   #28
marinabrian

MG ZT

Thanked 10,837 Times in 5,718 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Comfortably Numb View Post
Doesn't the spring pressure (once installed) keep the rubber isolators flat? On another thread, Brian recommends loosening the subframe mounting bolts on the opposite side of the car, and undoing them completely on the side you are fitting to increase the distance between the arm's cup and the wheelarch cup. It also allows the arb to drop with the subframe. It worked for me. One last thing, as said, lube both spring seats so the spring can be turned more easily. You can temporarily lock the isolators in their correct positions by putting bolts through the drain holes during assembly.
No Andrew, the spring cup is in the wrong position, moved 10mm towards the outboard side, so the isolator must be trimmed otherwise it is almost impossible to correctly engage the locking bayonet on te base of the isolator.

I spoke to XPart yesterday, the new suppliers arms are being successfully trialled as we speak, and stock from the new supplier is anticipated to hit our shores in January.

They also had checked and rejected the Chinese arms due to various QA issues.

I'm holding fire on replacing the subframe and arms on my wife's car until there is a definitive line of supply established, and I've seen them with my own eyes.

Brian
marinabrian is offline   Reply With Quote