View Single Post
Old 13th November 2019, 22:44   #90
marinabrian

MG ZT

Thanked 10,837 Times in 5,718 Posts

I am not going to comment about the seven hundred new houses being built on greenbelt land less than 1/4 of a mile from my front door.

These are being built on drained marshland, the main drains are are you ready for this 9" pipe with a storage pond SUD "sustainable urban drainage"

So based upon the fact the fields these new houses are being built upon were constantly under a foot of water, I wonder what the water runoff from having several acres of hard landscaping instead of fields going to have?

No effect at all, and the resultant flooding can be blamed on climate change.

What utter twaddle, if you are going to have any hope of "saving the planet" you need to scrap all cars, close all power stations, kill all cattle, and lob a few neutron bombs into strategic locations.

There are too many people trying to live in too small an area, consuming with gay abandon what is left of the worlds natural resources......I wonder if the farmers in the surrounds of Fishlake who have suggested the neglect of dredging the rivers have caused, could posibly know anything better than the environment agency "expert" who claimed this wouldn't help (translation, this would cost money, and of course it's up north, and we have cross rail and HS2 to consider)

Perhaps EV are the answer then, the dredging of the sea bed to extract cobalt should help matters immensely

Oh how my childhood has been robbed from me by those evil people driving around in their pollution causing Austin A35 and Austin Westminsters, with their coal fired houses, damn them all to hell.

** Do you know what I think, if life is going to be so dull, what is the point? can we not just blow up the Sun instead

Christ on a bike, I hate the planet, in fact I hate life itself, but at least I don't expect every other person to share my "we're doomed" attitude to life **

Brian

** tongue in cheek, with a smattering of sarcasm to boot
marinabrian is offline   Reply With Quote