View Single Post
Old 20th February 2019, 07:21   #59
RPWC
This is my second home

75 model car

Thanked 5,083 Times in 3,114 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by gnu View Post
This is my bike - Kawasaki Z650 B1. I've owned it for ages.

I refurbished it a couple of years ago, up to it's current state. I hesitate to say finished, as there's always further improvements... however, these have been on hold recently due to other priorities.

[IMG][/IMG]
F I ever get another bike, it will be something like that. I passed my bike test at 31,by which time I had got the “idiot” out of me, and seen friends and friends of friends come a cropper, and end up in hospital seriously hurt. I had always had off road bikes from the age of 18. My best mate and I shared a Suzuki 50; then we moved on to trial bikes, I had a Fantic 156; he had a couple of Montesa Cota 248s. I then had a Suzuki SB 200 , which was a road bike, but I used it on the forest roads, until one day I got carried away,then the brake cable snapped and I crashed it into the rough at the side of the forest road. Swapped that for. Honda.CG 125 and a C70, both had been modified to use on the fields, the C70 had the fairing taken off and a home made exhaust. One of the other lads had a C50 modified the same, one was called. The Beast, and the other The B1tch, but I can’t remember which one I had, the latter I think.
I did the DA course and learnt on Yamaha Diversion 400; and took the test on a Honda VFR 400. The firm that taught me, used to hire bikes out,so myself and my mate hired a couple for a day,and went up the Northumberland coast for the day. I had a Cagiva Canyon 600; he had the divi600.
He now has a 1980 Suzuki GS850, a DR 400; and a 68 Yamaha 175; I can’t remember the model , but it’s a yank import.