View Single Post
Old 26th November 2021, 09:53   #24
clf
This is my second home

MG ZT CDTi

Thanked 2,657 Times in 1,973 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by vitesse View Post
FS 106127 screw is probably the only part that is “genuine/OEM” - Ian is not the only one who is sceptical about Xpart and their quality control department. I honestly have more faith in DMGRS’ products whether they be branded Genuine/OEM/Xpart or not. What would you rather fit to your car, DMGRS’ own brand of upper arms or Xpart ones?

I see an Xpart ad under the banner, but didn’t we once have an Xpart poster who replied to our questions? Answers, feedback, I feel would be more productive advertising than the current ad.

Curious about your possible LandRover inlet gaskets, shouldn’t they have the suffix L? Are they the charcoal/red ones or the green type and if the charcoal ones why did you choose them?

Keep well
This is the privilege or pleasure (?) of having dmgrs as a member. He/(they now) are relatively active members and I believe mat started off and still is an owner, (as Scott is also). They have personal experience and understanding of the issues we face. Also from what I can gather, they have pride and integrity in their business and products.

The 'counter staff' of an xpart reseller is unlikely to have this experience or interest. Nor will they have ability to do something constructive if something goes wrong. This is something we are lucky to have, as a faceless corporation such as xpart care more of their bottom line than the quality of parts supplied.

After the pedal rubber wear (holed within a year - less than 9k miles), personally I would be concerned and watchful of an Indian made inlet seal which i assume is made from some form of plastic/rubber material.

Sent from my SM-A600FN using Tapatalk

It is not gloss primer .............. it is duct tape silver!
clf is offline   Reply With Quote