View Single Post
Old 26th November 2021, 11:31   #28
MSS
This is my second home

Rover 75CDT, Jaguar XF-S 3.0V6, V'xhall Omega V6 Estate, Twintop 1.8VVT, Astra Estate and Corsa 1.2

Quote:
Originally Posted by vitesse View Post
........... And please confirm, in answer to the wording of my question, you fitted these yourself?

I did not fit the arms myself. I have a choice between three professionals - one local garage and two well known MGR experts on forums. However, I am not just a purchaser of services, I usually spend time discussing a job even with my garage mechanic before it is started and after it is completed. This often extends to 30 to 60 minutes pre and post the work. Similarly, I use Sandy Motors of Bedford (including ecp2004 on ebay) or Rimmers for 99% of my parts requirements. Neither of them are 'faceless counters sales people'. This works well for me and I often state on the forum that I never have issues with premature parts failures.

I feel that working with trusted experts who work on our cars regularly actually gives a car far better care than DIY in most cases.

As far Indian or Chinese made parts and their quality, it all comes down to the specification. They are capable of making whatever a wholesaler requires, to the specified quality. It is all a question of quality vs cost. Same applies to goods made in the UK.
MSS is offline   Reply With Quote