View Single Post
Old 29th January 2013, 18:48   #16
bassman
Avid contributor

Rover 75 CDT Connoisseur SE Saloon (Manual)with XPower Upgrade

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kevmc75 View Post
Getting anything above 50MPG is incredible, even your dissapointing 44MPG at the moment i would be delighted with im only getting 40MPG.

Is there anyway i can test if my MAF is faulty.
Or how do i know if my MAF is faulty?
If you remove the plug from the MAF and the car runs the same, then it is reckoned the MAF is faulty......

I'm a very economical driver and never feel the need for hard acceleration, so when I disconnected my MAF I didnt feel any difference, albeit had a slight loss in MPG.

I think the harder you drive, the more you may see the difference...

Mine was tested and shown to be faulty and over/under fuelling by MarinaBrian with his magic wand (aka..T4 test)

Quote:
Originally Posted by hogweed View Post
I've never met anybody who consistently gets more than 45 at the absolute outside. Under ideal conditions, I scrape about 43.

So I'd say you're doing OK!
I test mine every week using brim to brim method, as I say above, I am a very economical driver, I never need to rush any where, and usually got 50 to 54mpg before my MAF went bad....Its gradually building up to that again with the new MAF.....

Last edited by bassman; 29th January 2013 at 18:55.. Reason: added another post
bassman is offline   Reply With Quote