View Single Post
Old 31st January 2013, 23:03   #19
bassman
Avid contributor

Rover 75 CDT Connoisseur SE Saloon (Manual)with XPower Upgrade

I constantly watch my rev counter and my mpg on the OBD.....

I realised a while ago that instead of coasting in 3rd and 4th gears a lot of the time, I could have been in 5th gear....and looking at the rev counter certainly bears this out....often dropping 500rpm by going to a higher gear.

I also noticed that leaving my house in different directions also affects my mpg on the OBD.....One way there is a long steep bank, which puts the OBD down by about 5 mpg, but going out the other way is a lot more gradual and the display stays a lot higher.......Going straight down the A19 to my daughters, has a 10 to 15 mpg difference (increase on OBD), than going through urban, stop and start traffic.

My driving isn't totally governed by what I say above, but its amazing how you can increase your mpg.

Its all been short journeys in built up areas this week, and today my OBD is on 47mpg...I'll brim to brim it next fill up, to get an exact reading
bassman is offline   Reply With Quote